Supervisions are an important part of the EYFS, through effective supervision, early years educators and parents make improvement in early years all development area. Early years educators that are well supervised are proven to perform better with the concern raised by parents.
Supervision is an important key in keeping children safe, helping them learn and building strong relationships with their peers.
Methods of supervision :
- Focusing on the positive rather than the negative to teach.
- Knowing every child’s abilities.
- Teaching children the appropriate and safe use of each piece of equipment.
- Working schedules.
- Equality and diversity issues.
- Project updates.
- Individual children’s progress.
- Interaction with families, colleagues, and other professionals.
- Budget management.
- Review of last supervision and task undertaken.