Effective Supervision in the Early Years
This CACHE endorsed short course explores the concept of supervision and its important role within a well-managed setting, particularly in terms of safeguarding. You will be introduced to good practice in implementing supervision processes at your setting. This short course has been written by international early years consultant and trainer, Laura Henry.
- You will learn what is meant by ‘supervision’
- You will learn the importance of supervision within a daycare setting
- You will gain an understanding of the basic principles of supervision for application in your own setting
Advantages of this course
- Supervision plays an important part in developing staff’s personal and professional development, as well as making sure that a setting consistently improves. This course outlines the benefits of supervision and the opportunities supervision presents, such as a chance to share concerns in a safe space
- As stated by the Early Years Foundation Stage, effective supervision provides ‘support, coaching, and training for the practitioner’. In the reading section of this course, these terms are clarified and the different forms they can take in a professional setting are detailed. In regards to ‘effective’ supervision, the presentation included in this course explains how to implement an effective process, aimed at supervisors.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge